How We Met





Amy's Story

We went to school together all our lives without ever really bumping into each other until senior year. The only class we ever had in common was a single study hall and that's all it took. On our first date Mitch took me to buy crickets for his tarantula, Elvis. He says he knew I was cool when I didn't get creeped out by crickets. I knew he was cool when he picked me up in a Thunderbird wearing a Pantera t-shirt... and then told me we had to go buy crickets for his tarantula named Elvis.

As young as we were, we were truly in love. However, after 3 years of growing up together, we had to do some growing up on our own. Mitch finished up his education at Oneonta, while I finished mine at RIT. We stayed friends and tried to stay connected. Around the holidays there were many trips to Dunkin Donuts at 2AM for hot chocolate. 

6 years later, we ended up living in the same city, just a few blocks from each other. It felt like fate, and when we reconnected it was as if we both knew this is where we would end up.